Copy attribute value to another attribute

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #180 by doug.prince
I would like to copy one attribute value to another attribute. We have been storing student passwords in the "mail" attribute. Now it looks like we will be giving students email accounts. I would like to move (or copy) the "mail" attribute to the "telephoneNumber" attribute.

Any ideas on how to do this in ADToolkit 6 or 7 beta?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #181 by TSAdmin
Hi Doug,
I'm so glad you asked :). This is possible in both versions but is quicker and easier with version 7 beta. With ADHQ 7, we have implemented the use of varibles with the ability to copy the value of one attribute to another. It is not possible to Move the attribute value so after copying it you will need to then run a second operation to remove the value from the mail attribute.

First Step- in the Home (Active Directory) View, select the users you wish to modify, right click and choose Modify which opens the Modify User tool. Choose the Operation Group for Personal which contains the properties for both Telephone number (telephoneNumber) and E-mail (mail). Enable the box for Telephone number which indicates there will be a change and enter %mail%. This sets up the change to be made. Finally, choose Run at the bottom of the tool interface to execute the change to all selected users.

Second Step - Removing the value from the mail attribute. As in the steps above - choose the users you wish to Modify and open the Modify tool but this time, enable the box for E-mail but don't enter anything in the value which when run, removes the current value.
Finally, choose Run to execute the change.

If you have further questions, please contact me at [email protected]

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #182 by doug.prince
Works perfectly! Thanks, saves me so much time

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds