Exchange 2010 SP2 Default Mailbox Policy not set

More
11 years 8 months ago #156 by consortial-it
Greetings,

We love our AD 6.0.3.4 Toolkit app to speed up our Management workflow during the day.

We have noticed that when AD Toolkit runs w/ Create Exchange Mailboxes checked, the Default Mailbox Role Assignment Policy is not being applied to those freshly created mailboxes.

Just to rule out any sort of Exchange server configuration error, I validated that creating accounts manually through Native Microsoft Exchange tools populates the Default Mailbox Role Assignment Policy as usual.

While not the end of the world, it is a drag to have to go back and re permission 60 new user accounts, so they can get correct permissions to manage their accounts through Outlook Web Access (which the Default Mailbox Role Assignment Policy manages).

We are running Exchange 2010 SP2 Rollup 3 in a Native mode in a Windows Server 2003 Functional domain.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Consortial-IT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #157 by TSAdmin
The current version does not include the functionality to set Exchange Mailbox polices but there is an enhancement request for that feature to be considered in a future release. If you send an email to support with your contact info, I will add you to the request. In the meantime, it might be possible to set the policy using an attribute. Another customer reported that they import a value to msExchRBACPolicyLink attribute set which is the default role assignment policy for the users' mailboxes.

More
11 years 8 months ago #158 by consortial-it
That worked, Thanks! I will follow your recommendation for sending an email to support to request that feature make it into a future update of AD TOolkit.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds