ADHQ Lite Version History
9/23 version 126.96.36.199
ADHQ Lite v188.8.131.52 adds the following enhancements:
- Modified the Run Simulation feature to run the simulation without closing the currently open tool dialog, thus allowing the user to run the tool immediately after a successful simulation.
- Added the ability to import objects from a domain other than the logged in user's domain using the canonical name or the userPrincipalName as the identifying field.
Office 365 Support
- Upgraded the Office 365 features to use Microsoft's latest Graph SDK.
- Added support for Azure and AD directories that are synchronized using the mS-DS-ConsistencyGuid attribute.
ADHQ Lite v184.108.40.206 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where importing tasks from a previous version during the initial install would create the tasks but the tasks would not run.
- Fixed an issue where clicking rapidly multiple times on the application's desktop icon could cause the application to be launched multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where the header would not appear consistently when browsing for a single object.
- Fixed an issue where some buttons in the Active Directory browser do not move correctly on re-size.
- Fixed an issue where clicking on a sortable column header would not sort the contents of the column in several dialogs.
- Fixed an issue with UTF-8 encoded import files. The byte order mark (BOM) would display as "ï»¿" in the Import Wizard's Preview pane.
- Fixed a issue where the program would display an error setting a mail archive for users with cloud mailboxes, even if no changes to the mail archive were requested.
4/23 version 220.127.116.11
ADHQ Lite v18.104.22.168 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where the Local Password Reset operation would incorrectly warn you that the password field was empty immediately upon loading
2/23 version 22.214.171.124
ADHQ Lite v126.96.36.199 adds the following enhancements:
- Modified program to exclusively use an app registration to interface with Azure or Microsoft 365
- Removed requirement of using an Office 365 account without multi-factor authentication to configure app registration
- Added option to send emails using an Office 365 Exchange mailbox
ADHQ Lite v188.8.131.52 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue in the Share Browser, which prevented users from manually entering a share location
- Fixed several visual issues with the dark theme
- Fixed a crash when using Export to File button to save home screen contents to an XLSX document
12/22 version 184.108.40.206
ADHQ Lite v220.127.116.11 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed copy/paste not working properly from tool and report output windows.
- Fixed an issue where program would incorrectly prompt for smart card login when creating a user account.
- Fixed an issue where modifying a user's 365 license assignement would incorrectly assign multiple licenses to the user.
- Fixed an issue where program would incorrectly prompt for smart card login when resetting a user password.
11/22 version 18.104.22.168
ADHQ Lite v22.214.171.124 adds the following enhancements:
- Converted the program to a 64-bit application
- Added the ability to hide the administrator password for Office 365 settings
- Added the ability to set a different workspace to open by default
- Added the ability to add random characters to templates, with options to include letters, numbers, and special characters
- Added new Office 2019 inspired visual themes
- Added a setup wizard to import settings, reports, collections, tasks, and custom tools from previous major versions
- Added the ability to run an Exchange script with saved credentials
- Added the following Common Properties for filtering:
||The email address of the user's manager.
||The type of the user's Exchange mailbox.
|Send As Users
||For users with shared mailboxes, this property returns a list of users with the "Send As" permission.
|Full Access Users
||For users with shared mailboxes, this property returns a list of users with the "Full Access" permission.
|Litigation Hold Enabled
||Does the user have a litigation hold in effect on their Exchange mailbox?
|Litigation Hold Duration
||For users with a litigation hold in effect on their mailbox, how long will messages be held?
|Local Archive Enabled
||Does the user have an archive enabled on their local Exchange mailbox?
|Cloud Archive Enabled
||Does the user have an archive enabled on their cloud Exchange mailbox?
||The email address of the group's manager.
||The email address of the computer's manager.
||Does this computer have a reboot pending?
||How long has it been since this computer was rebooted?
||The manufacturer of the system, as returned by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
||The model of the system, as returned by Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI).
- Added the ability to set account expiration as a number of days instead of a specific date
- Added the ability to enable litigation holds for on-premises Exchange mailboxes
- Added the ability to enable a mail archive for on-premises Exchange mailboxes
- Added the ability to update the Manager field with netBIOS or userPrincipalName format in addition to distinguishedName format
- Added the ability to modify drive and path without changing security
Password Output File
- Added the ability to include more fields in the password output file, including EmployeeID
- Added the ability to specify the order of columns in the password output file
- Added the ability to set "Manager can update membership list" flag without changing the current manager
- Added the ability to exclude OUs from the collection scope
- Added the ability to backup and restore scheduled tasks
- Added the ability to transfer scheduled tasks from one computer to another
ADHQ Lite v126.96.36.199 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where using %password% in a template for another attribute in Modify tools would not resolve correctly
- Added a scroll bar to the Comment field of the Send an Email operation
- Added a warning when saving a collection that includes all objects in the entire domain
- Fixed an issue during install where program would not be able to locate installed Azure PowerShell module
- Fixed an issue creating password files with %time% in the filename
- Fixed an issue where templates whose parameter options contained unexpected characters (%,) would not resolve properly
- Fixed many issues with controls not following the selected visual theme, especially in dark themes
- Disabling the listbox showing Office 365 service plans will no longer take away the ability to scroll the box and read its content
- Added the Set Attributes operation to the Deprovision Users tool
- same as below with profile folder
- same as below with remote profile folder
- Fixed an issue where the Home Folder attribute was not cleared if the folder was being removed
- Fixed an issue where the Remote Desktop Home Folder attribute was not cleared if the folder was being removed
- Fixed an issue where setting mail alias to %Full Name% would result in a blank value
- Fixed an issue where Netbios Name would be set to "$" if the template specified %cn%
- Fixed an issue where output files from tools run during scheduled tasks would incorrectly be named "Tool Engine"
- Added a warning when creating a "Run a Tool" action that includes all objects in the entire domain
- Added support for previously illegal characters in names of custom tools (:?*<>\/|)
4/21 version 188.8.131.52
ADHQ Lite v184.108.40.206 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue introduced in version 220.127.116.11 where importing a Unicode file would trigger an out of memory error.
4/21 version 18.104.22.168
ADHQ Lite v22.214.171.124 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue where including %time% parameter in output file names could cause DOS error 22
- Fixed an issue where logon hours were being set an hour earlier than specified
- Improved the behavior for the "Remove from all groups" checkbox in the "Remove from Groups" operation. Objects are now removed from groups individually, so an error removing the object from one group does not prevent it from being removed from others.
- Fixed an issue removing members from a group when the members belong to a foreign domain.
- Fixed an issue where %toolname% in the name of output files was resolving to TaskEngine instead of the name of the tool being run
5/20 version 126.96.36.199
ADHQ Lite v188.8.131.52 adds the following enhancements:
- Added support for creating Exchange 2019 mailboxes, and reporting on Exchange 2019 attributes.
Office 365 Licensing Operations
- Expanded License and Service Plan grids to show more items
- Implemented right-click menu in the Service Plan grid with commands to improve usability, such as: Assign all plans, Unassign all plans, Clear checks, Expand, Collapse, Expand All Licenses, Collapse All Licenses
- Reordered the columns in the License grid to match the titles in the Service Plan grid
- In Add tools, licenses are no longer displayed in the Service plans grid unless they have been assigned in the License grid
- Implemented the %taskname% parameter for output file names in scheduled tasks
ADHQ Lite v184.108.40.206 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue causing tools to run slowly when working in multiple domains
- Modified filter processing to improve the performance of tools with complex filters
Import New Users
- Fixed an issue where users could be created with passwords that do not meet organization's complexity requirements
- Fixed an issue where attributes could return the wrong value when used in templates. This occurred when the referenced attribute needed to be modified by adding digits to make it unique. This issue affected templates containing %username%, %name%, %FullName%, %sAMAccountName%, and %userPrincipalName%.
Import User Changes
- Fixed an issue where imported passwords could be ignored if the users were being moved to another location
- Fixed an issue where updating a user's Office 365 licenses would fail for plans containing certain non-alphanumeric characters
- Fixed an issue causing scheduled tasks to hang after executing, especially when run against empty import files
9/19 version 220.127.116.11
ADHQ Lite v18.104.22.168 adds the following enhancements:
- Modified internal storage of program option passwords to meet or exceed industry standards (e.g. password for Exchange 2016)
Import New Users
- Added the ability to ignore objects in import file that already exist based on any unique identifying field(s)
Import New Users / Import User Changes
- Added the ability to set the msExchArchiveGUID attribute
- Added support for importing UTC time attributes like expirationTime in the short time format defined by the operating system
ADHQ Lite v22.214.171.124 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue that occurred while saving output from tools with slashes or backslashes in their name
Import New Users
- Fixed an issue where program was resolving Middle Name from imported Full Name even when data for "Middle Name" was also imported
- Made several changes to improve error handling for issues occuring during Office 365 account creation
- Fixed an issue where the Remote Desktop properties for a foreign account could not be viewed from a computer in a trusted domain.
- Fixed an issue causing the "Must change password" property to return the wrong value.
- Fixed an issue where the options for formatting text were not displaying in Auto-generate templates after typing a colon
- Fixed an issue where disabling the service plans grid in the Office 365 Licenses would incorrectly prevent the grid from showing the plans for the selected licenses
1/19 version 126.96.36.199
ADHQ Lite v188.8.131.52 addresses the following issues:
- Fixed an issue causing the program name and description to appear incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue causing values stored in combobox controls to unexpectedly reset when editing tools.
- Fixed an issue where importing the thumbnailPhoto attribute would fail to set the attribute without giving an error.
- Fixed an issue where tools that could be run against multiple object types would only allow users to pick from User Collections.
- Fixed a display glitch where the task time would appear one day different from its true scheduled time.
- Fixed an issue causing the Set Import File option to be unavailable sometimes when setting a task scope.
8/18 version 184.108.40.206
ADHQ Lite v220.127.116.11 adds the following enhancements:
- Added support for creating Office 365 users with non-complex passwords.
ADHQ Lite v18.104.22.168 addresses the following issues:
- Creating scheduled tasks and then running the program as a different user would cause the scheduled tasks to be incorrectly removed.
- Dummy users created in simulation mode were not always being removed.
- Fixed an issue where Search & Replace tool would not correctly find specified objects in AD.
2/18 version 22.214.171.124
ADHQ Lite v126.96.36.199 contains the following features:
Active Directory Object Management
- Tools for creating and managing AD users, computers, contacts, groups, and OUs
- Tools for bulk modifying AD users, contacts, and groups
- Tools for bulk importing AD users, contacts, and groups
- Tools for bulk deleting and de-provisioning AD users, contacts, and groups
- Tools for bulk moving AD users, contacts, and groups
- Search and Replace AD object attributes and common properties
- Use custom or pre-defined filtered collections to define which objects to modify, e.g. users with soon to expire passwords
- Create scheduled tasks to run any tool or report at a later time and date using built-in wizards
- All tools and reports have a Run-Later feature to quickly create a scheduled task rather than running the tool or report immediately
- Tasks may be run daily, weekly, monthly, one-time only, at logon or
when the computer starts.
- Tasks can be scheduled to re-occur as often as needed (e.g. every
ADHQ Lite v188.8.131.52 adds the following enhancements:
- Added a new Undelete tool for restoring deleted objects
- Added a new tool for modifying Office 365 licenses and service plans
- Added ability to open multiple tool windows at the same time. For example, you may now open the properties from two different users at the same time.
- Added auto-update feature to automatically download and install updates
- Added ability to create remote mailboxes in Office 365 hybrid environments
- Added support for Exchange 2016
- Added the following Common Properties for filtering in Collections and the Search and Replace engine:
|Logon Hours Properties
|Allow Logon Always
||No logon hours have been restricted
|Allow Logon Never
||All logon hours have been restricted
||Exchange Version Properties
||Exchange version in text form
|Exchange Version Year
||Exchange version year as an integer
||The date and time when this object was deleted
||Is the user's account expired?
|Is Password Expired
||Is the user's password expired?
|Mail Deleted Items Period
||How long to keep deleted items in a user's mailbox
|Mail Deleted Items Flag
||Do not permanently delete items from a mailbox until it's been backed up
||Is user mail-enabled (i.e. they have an external mailbox that mail is forwarded to)?
|Mail Storage Quota
||Send a warning message when mailbox exceeds this size
|Mail Over Quota Limit
||Disable sending messages when mailbox exceeds this size
|Mail Over Hard Quota Limit
||Disable sending and receiving messages when mailbox exceeds this size
|Mail Send Max Size
||Maximum outgoing message size
|Mail Receive Max Size
||Maximum incoming message size
|Mail Recipient Limit
||Maximum number of message recipients
||Is OWA (Outlook Web Access) enabled?
||Is MAPI enabled?
||Is POP3 enabled?
||Is IMAP4 enabled?
|MAPI Cached Enabled
||Is MAPI Cached enabled?
||Does the user have an Exchange Mailbox?
|Remote Mailbox Enabled
||Does the user have a Remote Exchange Mailbox (i.e. manageable via a local Exchange 2016 Management console)?
||Office 365 Properties
|Office 365 Is Licensed
||Does the user have an Office 365 license?
|Office 365 Licenses
||List of all Office 365 licenses and the user's assigned status
|Office 365 Plans
||List of all Office 365 service plans and the user's assigned status
|Office 365 Logon Name
||Office 365 logon name
|Office 365 Last Sync Time
||Last date and time the Office account was synched to Active Directory via the AD Connector
|Office 365 Mailbox Enabled
||Does the user have an Office 365 mailbox?
|Office 365 Object ID
||Globally unique Office 365 object ID
|Office 365 Account Blocked
||Is the Office 365 account blocked?
|Office 365 Usage Location
||Office 365 usage location (i.e. the country the license is being used in)?
|Is Password Empty
||Is the user's password empty?
|MNS Logon Account
||An MNS account is required for the operation of cluster nodes for Windows Server 2003 (and newer). This flag should never be set for a user account.
|Inter Domain Trust Account
||Account is a special hidden account to facilitate trusts between two domains
|Trusted For Delegation
||Is this service account trusted for delegation (i.e. can it temporarily use the identity of a user of the service)?
||a list of only the nested groups contained within a parent group (i.e. not the users)
|Nested Groups Count
||the count of only the nested groups contained within a parent group (i.e. not the users)
- Added the ability create a synched Office 365 account when adding or importing a user.
- Added the ability to set the user's Office 365 Usage Location, assign licenses, and enable specific service plans.
- Added the ability to create a remote Exchange mailbox for hybrid Office 365 environments
- Added optional expiration date and time for scheduled tasks and ability to delete the task after it expires
- Added ability to repeat tasks (e.g. run the task every half hour)
ADHQ Lite version 8 was built upon the foundation of ADtoolkit version 7.
The complete version history for ADtoolkit can be found at:
Many of the new features we add to our software come directly to us as requests from our users. If you have a feature suggestion for future versions of ADHQ Lite, please tell us about it with our Feature Request Form.