Welcome to Javelina Software's ADHQ Lite Version 9.0
1. What is ADHQ Lite?
ADHQ Lite(tm) eases the day-to-day management of Active Directory by
providing bulk task execution and streamlined configuration of common
administrative tasks. Provided is a set of tools for rapid management of
Users, Groups, and Contacts. ADHQ Lite also boasts an efficient and flexible
Search and Replace engine that will eliminate time spent manually digging
through AD to change information. Now, without scripting, you will be on your
way to making bulk changes in Active Directory.
2. Minimum Client Requirements
ADHQ has the following requirements:
- A PC running MS Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016 or Windows 8, 10, or 11.
- Connection to a Windows 2012, 2016, or 2019 Active Directory network.
- 80MB of disk storage for the software.
- Must be logged in as a user with administrative rights in the Domain (or Organizational Unit). More specifically, the logged in user should have the right to create users in the destination container.
- To send email via Exchange the user must have an Exchange mailbox and be a member of the local Administrator's group
- To modify Office 365 users or licenses the user must have an Office 365 account with Global Administrator privileges. The account information must be entered into the Office 365 tab of the Options dialog. The account must not have multi-factor authentication enabled.
- To create or modify Exchange 2016 mailboxes the user must have an Exchange mailbox on an Exchange 2016 server and have Exchange Administrator privileges.
Office 365 and/or Exchange 2016 require the following items to be installed. The installer will attempt to automatically install these items, but may not always succeed. If you wish to manage Office 365 or Exchange 2016 you will
need to ensure these components are also installed.
- .NET Framework Version 4.7.2 (Office 365 and Exchange 2016)
- ExchangeOnlineManagement Powershell Module (Office 365 and Exchange 2016)
- AzureAD Powershell Module (Office 365 only)
- Az.Accounts Powershell Module (Office 365 only)
3. Installing ADHQ Lite
Installing ADHQ Lite software:
To install ADHQ Lite software, follow these steps:
- From the chosen PC, execute the adhqlite90.exe installation program.
- Read the welcome message and click Next.
- Read the license agreement, check the box labeled "I Agree to This License", and click Next.
- Select an installation directory, and click Next.
- Select a Start Menu folder to add the program icon to, and click Next.
- Select an installation type, i.e. for all users or only the current user, and click Next.
- Click the Install button to start the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click on Finish to close the installation program.
Uninstalling ADHQ Lite software:
To uninstall ADHQ Lite software, follow these steps:
- Execute the Add/Remove Programs applet from the Control Panel.
- Select ADHQ 8 Lite from the list of installed software.
- Click on the Add/Remove button and follow the directions.
4. Known Issues
Running ADHQ from a server can cause certain functions to fail, such as modifying the mailbox, because certain DLLs were not installed to the local machine. To avoid these problems, always install ADHQ directly to the local machine.
Loading ADHQ for the first time causes it to read the entire schema from the Domain Controller. This can be a slow process if you are connected to your Domain Controller via a slow link. However, after the initial load is complete, the schema information is cached and subsequent loads will be much quicker.
If you do not have appropriate permissions to the Share on a Home Folder, regardless of your security access to the underlying directory, you will receive a Warning message during Simulation mode if you attempt to delete the Home Folder.
When the Run Later feature has been used and then the Task is renamed in MS Task Scheduler, the Task will not run as scheduled. This is a problem within TS. You can work around this by modifying the task again to change something simple. This seems to then allow the task to run.
If creation of hidden shares as home directories is desired, include a $ at the end of the Share Name field.
In order to send Exchange email messages the logged in user's email address must not be hidden from the Global Address Book.
5. License and Legal Information
Please see the license file for the complete licensing and legal information.
6. Version History
Please see the ADHQ Lite version history file for a complete version history.
7. Getting Help
For any assistance, please contact Javelina Software at:
3900 Calawasse Road
Edgewater, MD 21037
If you have any suggestions, comments, bugs, or concerns to report, please
send your feedback to: [email protected].